Thursday 9 February 2012

Indian authors of gen Y……………what were you thinking ? or maybe you weren’t



Before I tell you how good/bad the book was I would really like to know why does everyone in India seem to think that they are capable of writing a book. Just like in 3 Idiots (“Mera beta engineer banega”) do parents now say “mera beta Chetan Bhagat banega” ?
Right from a certain first love or last love thingie to not again tales these writers seem to know it all. My friends tell me that Ravindra Jain is really good but my bad experiences have scarred me for life. I have been there and read that but Gen y authors or should I say every random college pass out feels he should bring the story of his college to the forefront. What they lack is the basic skill to keep a reader hooked. After the first 2 chapters it’s the same book of a stunningly pretty girl falling for a random and apparently ugly guy. 


Then either she has a big dilemma between 3 more guys or the guy cheats on her. What I dot get is how come each story has a happy ending ? Also are the girls too naïve to accept such douchebags back ?
Thus no matter what they say only a Durjoy Datta can convince me that there might just be a happy ending. As for the rest of you who have put pen to paper and blabbered on mercilessly for n umber of pages about your soppy love story………….think hatke or just THINK for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment